Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tennis Anyone? - Duff Tweed's "Damn I'm Good" - Limited Edition 2 of 100

September has certainly shaped up to be Duff Tweed month at Duff Tweed Carvings!

Our previous post mentioned we expected to receive several carvings new to the collection. 

Today we received a Duff Tweed carved tennis player affectionately titled "Damn I'm Good" which is a carving of the happiest tennis player on earth.   Take a look below and let me know what you think:



Besides being a really cool carving, he is number 2 of 100 which is also a plus!  Below is the plate from this frame:

Here's the funny or interesting part of this story.  I received this carving from Kristopher in Florida.  This is the first carving I have seen come out of Florida, but as you know if you have been reading this blog, they come from all over the United States.  Here's the funny part, Kris paid $2.75 plus tax for this carving, framed in this wonderful condition.  Kris has spent many years in the antiques business and spotted the carving at a thrift store and snatched it up.  He then did his research, found me and made 50 times his money.  I'm thrilled to have this piece and so happy Kris realized what may be the largest percentage gain he has ever made on a sale.  So get out to those thrift stores and see if you can find any of Duff's work.  As you can see, I do not care what you paid for it and am happy to pay the going rate! 

Make sure to come back and visit again in about a week or so.  I am receiving what I consider to be one of the coolest Duff Tweed carving I have ever seen.  All I'll say now is that it is in a western style.

Have a great week!
All the best!
-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment